Fund 5: Religious Purposes in Australia
Religious purposes must be for the advancement of religion.
The Fund does not discriminate between religions or denominations. Having regard to the diversity of religious practices and beliefs in modern Australia, the Fund supports ecumenical and interfaith initiatives.
The following are some of the areas that are currently supported:
- religious ministry and religious initiatives to the poor and disadvantaged;
- training for religious ministry;
- upkeep and support of ministers of religion in their ministries;
- chaplaincy or pastoral care initiatives;
- maintenance, restoration, refurbishment or improvement of places of worship.